Not all wiki links show up in outgoing wiki references

I have some RTF records in my database and have wiki linking set to “Names and Aliases”. I can see the link and click on it.

Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 10.08.57 AM

However, this Applescript does not show the link.

tell application "DEVONthink 3"
	tell content record
		set thelinks to get the name of every outgoing wiki reference
	end tell
end tell

I’ve tried rebuilding the database, and have separated a file and a link destination into a test database that shows the problem. Any ideas?

Version Information for: /Applications/DEVONthink 3.app
CFBundleShortVersionString 3.8.6
CFBundleVersion 3.8.6

Operating System Information:
ProductName: macOS
OS X Version: 12.6
BuildVersion: 21G115

Add an empty line at the top of the document.

@cgrunenberg: It appears it’s treating the first line with the colon almost like MMD metadata.

Archive 2.zip (1.9 KB)

Sounds like case insensitive Wiki linking disabled, the case is not identical in the examples.

I had Case insensitive linking enabled.

Here the option is disabled and not the clear difference when an empty line is at the top…
No Empty Line = WikiLink Not Detected

Empty Line = WikiLink Detected

My problem is not that the link isn’t detected in the document. It is detected in the document and I can follow it. But it’s not returned via AppleScript. Very small test db attached.

If I put the blank line in, it is returned.
Test Wiki Link DB.dtBase2.zip (16.5 KB)

Correct. That’s what I way saying. And the issue is related to what I was mentioning to Criss. :slight_smile:

Makes absolutely no difference over here, please send me a complete example database plus a screenshot of Preferences > WikiLinks as the names, aliases & exclusions of items matter too. Thanks!

After updating to the official release of Ventura, the detection problem is no longer showing as an issue in the original or a test database.

I have updated to Ventura, and I still see no response to

tell application "DEVONthink 3"
	tell content record
		set thelinks to get the name of every outgoing wiki reference
	end tell
end tell

in the attached test db if I have selected “No blank line”, and it returns “RCDnD” if I select the “Blank line” record. In both records, “RCDnD” is displayed as a link onscreen.

Test Wiki Link DB.dtBase2.zip (16.5 KB)

Thank you! I was able to reproduce the issue, the next release will fix this.

1 Like