NOT doesn't seem to work

I’m using the 3.0 beta. I have a search where there’s a lot of noise and I need to filter a lot of results out. I’m looking for words a,b,c–not the real words. I want articles that contain a and “b c” but not articles that contain “b c/a” where the / is a /. So I build a query that looks like this

“b c” AND a NOT “b c/a”

but I still get articles in the digest with the “b c/a”.

Even worse simple NOT d in the secondary filter in the search set do not seem to work. I put NOT d in and I get articles in the digest containing d.

I assumed the secondary search in the search set was applied to articles before they showed up in the digest. Am I wrong?

Any help on this would be appreciated. I’m considering buying DevonAgent for some of the work I’m doing but if it can’t help me do the very complex searches which require sophisticated filtering it’s not really worth the money to me.

Thanks for any help!

I’ve just created a search set searching only this page of the forum, using the default term “b c” AND a NOT “b c/a” and it’s not returned as expected. But it’s returned after changing the default term to “b c” AND a

Which search set/plugin did you use and where did you search in (by default title+text)? Do you have a real world example or could you send it to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com? Thanks in advance!