Notes not found after search

Hi all,
sorry for what I think is a very silly question… but here it goes :slight_smile:

Iphone - IOS 17.1.2 - DTTG 3.8 - 918 md notes, 58 PDF, 313 images in sync with DT 3.9.4

If I search for “memoria” (memory) DTTG finds only 2 instances (all 1) but I have many notes with “memoria” in the title and also in the body text (all 2)
What am I doing wrong?

Thank you all :slight_smile:

Do you get a different result if you search “all databases”?

Not a silly question at all.

@rmschne’s question is a good one.

Also, if you’re looking for a word in a specific location, it’s best to use search prefixes, e.g., name:. See…

thank you @rmschne

Yes I get more results if I search all databases
Screenshot 2023-12-18 (15.06.37) copia.pdf (287.4 KB)

Furthermore it seems that whichever search I try gives me much less results then expected.

thank @BLUEFROG
if I try name:memoria I get the same result

Try this…
On DEVONthink To Go’s databases screen, long-press the database and choose Verify & Repair, just to ensure it’s healthy. Then go into the ? > Help > Appendix > Utility URL Commands and tap the Execute button for reindex-metadata.

Verify € repair shows: “Verified no problems”

Execute reindex-metadata seems doing nothing :smiling_face_with_tear:

The reindexing happens in the background. Quit and relaunch DEVONthink To Go and try the search. If it still misbehaves, tap ? > Contact Us to start a support ticket. Thanks!

thank you so much @BLUEFROG .
Same behavior after Quit and Relaunch,
Just started a support ticket.

Ciao

This thought occurred to me on my morning walk. [Yea, I know!] I can’t think of a way to test with reliable results so I’ll have to ask here.

When searching in DEVONthink ToGo and looking for matching items with content that are not “kept”, e.g. the “Keep” sync setting is not “All”, with “all” matches from all documents be found? I’m guessing not. Could this be related to this issue by the OP?

When I’m not sure if DTTG returned the right searched items, what I do is go to desktop version and make the same search and only in exceptional situations it has given different result over the same database and synchronisation status.

2 Likes

Oh yea. That an obvious way to test. Thanks!

1 Like

Filename and text searches are still available options with shallowly synced files.