Number formatting

Is there any way to change the number formatting so that I can navigate to a page without having to insert a comma?

I know that I can change the formatting my macbook system settings but (a) I would prefer not to make this change globally and (b) all of the options in the system settings seem to require some sort of formatting anyway (whether a space or a comma etc).

Any advice much appreciated - thank you!

1 Like

Where did you get a PDF with 5000+ pages?

I knew that was going to be the first question before I even saw it. I’m in these forums too often :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Am I that transparent? :wink:

Yes. :joy:

2 Likes

I can’t help you, but as a scientist who handles these 4 digit numbers a lot I just wanted to voice my support for your opposition to the comma :joy: The standardisation is wrong (in my humble opinion), we should only have to add commas after we hit 5 digits or more. It winds me up whenever I’m using them :rofl:

(I imagine it annoys my colleagues too since I keep insisting on removing them, but style guidelines require them so they have to go around sprinkling commas back in.)

One day the world will accept our wisdom.

1 Like

Right now the system’s number formatting is used but it’s of course possible to simplify this here.

As far as I can see, there is no option in the system settings to have “1234” without any comma, full stop or break. When I need to navigate quickly to a specific page, it’s annoying having to use a comma!

Not by choice! I’m a lawyer and this is the size of the electronic hearing bundle :frowning:

1 Like

Ahh, that makes more sense.

It’s actually not an issue of DEVONthink but either of the PDFkit (and its label formatting) or of the software generating the PDF document and its page labels. Anyway, the next release will be able to handle this.

1 Like