observations & questions

I downloaded the DevonThink app and have been exploring its many features.first let me say that i think it is a wonderful application and well worth the price that you are asking.the searching. concordance and keywords functions alone are terrific
There are a few observations that i could make.One the lack of appleworks import at first seemed rather strange for a macintosh program but maclink plus or vinc or oneclickConvert can take care of batch coinversions although at a relatively  high price.
Secondly i am having a hard time figuring out how to update certain applications automatically.I used the import email script and it seemed to work fine but how do i continuously update thsi imprtant app into DT.Also i have been experimenting with hogBay’s notebook software for the excellent wiki links feature and while Dt imports the rtf files from that program the wiki links are gone and i don’t know how i would update entries from notebook into DT without trashing the notebook folder in Dt and then reimporting it.
As a data management/mining program it seems to me that such updating should be almost automatic, occurring in the background so the user could just use the program knowing it was updated with what they were doing.perhaps it is and i am just missing it.
Other things such as lack of notes merge from services can be taken care of by one users suggestion of using copypaste X
That’s all for now.I will keep trying the program and hopefully have something else to contribute

arthur

The possibility to merge contents and support for more file formats will be added to future releases. But as we prefer standardized and/or documented file formats, we can’t promise support for Appleworks at the moment.

Thanks for the reply.as i wrote in another thread appleworks support is not that big a deal.i can convert what i have and  keep new stuff in an importable format or in devonthink itself.Better to use your resources to keep the app improving in its main data management/mining  sophistication and ease of use.

arthur