OCR deletes file

Hello, a file that I have imported to the database and sent to OCR to searchable pdf is deleted after the process is finished (or maybe sometime before the end). It happened twice in a row already. Why does this happen?

Please provide more information, e.g., do you have any smart rules running like the Filter Duplicates rule, are these indexed or imported, what specific document is deleted - the OCR’d one?

Hello Jim, I don’t have any smart rules set up. It is the first time that I noticed this. The original file is deleted and disappears from the database. Nothing is left.
It may be a specific problem with the original file. It is the result of a combination of many pdf files created with the Quick Action “create PDF” in the Finder.

If by “original file” you mean the document before OCR, then it is typically removed after OCR since OCR produces a new document. This is controlled by Preferences > OCR > Original Document: Move to Trash.

It is the result of a combination of many pdf files created with the Quick Action “create PDF” in the Finder.

First time I’ve heard of anyone using that :smiley:

Is this an imported or indexed document?