OCR demo limit in DT3b3

I just got this message in DT3b3: “You exceeded the demo limit on the import of OCR documents for today” after right-clicking on around 20 JPG files and selecting “OCR”. The message kept appearing for each file and I just had to force quit the application to make it stop.

Why is there an OCR limit in the beta?

Thanks.

There has always been limits on OCR and email archiving in the trial versions. And the limitation is there to combat abuse of the application’s functions in unregistered versions.

I am a DTPO v2 registered - and paid - user currently using DT3 beta. I too keep getting the daily limit nagware issue. I fully understand the need to stop freeloaders, but as a fully paid up purchaser of the pro desktop version, and paid up purchaser of DTTG iOS software too, I am not sure I understand why I am getting nagged about the need to purchase on the DT3 beta and why this is stopping me from using the software. For clarity I of course will pay for DT3 from the first day that it becomes available for purchase too.

DT3 has been available for upgrades and new purchases for some time now.

I am not sure I understand why I am getting nagged about the need to purchase on the DT3 beta and why this is stopping me from using the software.

DEVONthink 3 is a separate application, so the license for DEVONthink 2 (and DEVONthink To Go) does not apply to it.

If you choose to purchase DEVONthink 3, the OCR limit will be lifted, but this is a trial limitation that has been in place for a very long time.