Old annotation&quotes script

attached is old @Frederico’s script from 2010:
“CREDITS:
– adapted by Guido Tripaldi from the original ‘Annotations’ script (by Eric Böhnisch-Volkmann and Christian Grunenberg © 2009 DEVONtechnologies, LLC),
– and with the help of many posts found around the users forum (please add credits if you recognize parts of some posted code)”

it still works great and i find it the as the best one for academic research. my work heavily depends on it

since i don’t have any knowledge about modifying applescripts – i would like to ask politely for help regarding next issues:

1. when i select some sentences in german that have diacritics (ö ä ü), i get in rich tekst diacritics letters in different font (lucinda). the problem isn’t in chosen font in the script since i tried with various fonts to resolve this problem

2. i tried to add a rule to the script so that the pasted text in rich txt has justified alignment, but with no luck

3. i also tried to make a line spacing bigger: instead default 1 point, i tried to make it with 1.1, but also with no luck

i have uploaded the script and the way the rich text should look like

any help will be precious, hoping not only for me, but for other users too

script for DT3.zip (44.7 KB)

1 Like

for example:
instead

Code:

make new paragraph with data (return) with properties {font:"Suisse", size:14} at end of text of think window 1

i put:

Code:

make new paragraph with data (return) with properties {font:"Suisse", size:14, line spacing:1.1, alignment:justified} at end of text of think window 1

or

Code:

make new paragraph with data (return) with properties {font:"Suisse", size:14, line spacing:110, alignment:justified text} at end of text of think window 1

but with no luck

where am i wrong?

herzlichen Dank for your kind support!

i found the way by myself

Could you please post what you found? thx

a guy told me to open applescript book dictionary from script editor and to look for alignment and line spacing. it is easy to do it
but i haven’t resolved the problem with diacritics yet. in applescript book dictionary regarding DT3 there are no word about diacritics and how to handle them. pitty

thx!