Old DTPO file / db not opening

I have a database with a .sparseimage extension. Initially it has a .dtSparse extension, but then when I CMD-O to open the file, it turns into a .sparseimage for some reason.

In any case, it seems to open as a drive I can see in my Finder.app, and in there I see a .dtBase2 file.

Despite all this, the database doesn’t open. Could someone help me debug / figure out what’s going on + how I can access my files + this database?

Thank you!

P.S. If this is the wrong place to send this query, happy to post it elsewhere as well!

That is normal and intended behaviour.

…ah, I can see Jim writing, so I’ll just pause for a moment and see what happens :smiley:

This is the correct and intended behavior.

The file should be a .dtSparse file when closed. What happens when you double-click the .dtSparse file?

Echo… echo… ech… ec…
Hahaha…

1 Like

Nothing. It switches to DevonThink and it makes the animation that a file is being opened, and then there is nothing. It doesn’t show up in the “Open Databases” or anything. It is a large database, but I opened up a database of equivalent size and that was up and running within a minute or so (albeit indexing voraciously).

What is reported in Window > Log?

Nothing. There’s nothing there. I.e. it’s empty.

Please open a support ticket using our Help > Report Bug command while the Option key is held.