Omni sync password fails

Hello

Fiddling with “Agent” and wile checking a preference had a small window asking after permission to connect with omni.sync for omni focus, psw is rejected ( shaking “no” phenomenon ), checked with omni and it is a happy camper psw wise ( it works )? Common, rare problem. I do not know what “Agent” actually does in relation to omni Focus, I realize it might use it for local search but not that I understand that very well.

Actually DEVONagent does neither use nor support any Omni services or products. Do you use any custom plug-ins or did you open a website related to Omni in a browser window? A screenshot of the small window would be useful, thank you.

Hello and thanks for the response.

Just opened preference in agent again and that generated the opportunity for a SS.

Terence

Hello

Regarding your questions as to open websites and customs plugins, I had web pages open but not to omni unless the omnifocus has something running in the background? I am not aware of any custom plugins for agent ( factory default to my knowledge ). Everything is nominally current OS on MacBook Pro ( circa 2017 ), D-agent is current, as in D-Think-3 and OmniFocus is current.

Again thanks for the reflections.

Terence

Do you see the same prompt in Safari?

No. I just quit app and restarted OmniF. Safari is not showing that message.

I will reboot the machine and report back.

Terence

Hello

After rebooting the phenomena appears to have stopped. What it wanted with my keychain psw so for access is maybe a legacy issue perhaps? Anyway so far it has not repeated thanks for your time and interest.

Terence

Not sure as I don’t run the Omnisync stuff here. But I’m glad it’s not bothering you now :slight_smile:

I am running OmniFocus here and I’ve also never seen such a request. So it looks more like a macOS hiccup.