OmniOutliner issues

Are the OO files in question viewable with QuickLook? Earlier versions of OO didn’t support QuickLook, so those files would not be viewable under DT.

Hi Karen,

Can’t remember if they were available with QuickLook inside DT but do remember that they were editable. Could expand and collapse the outline externally and DT would remember the last save.

Note: I see that these OO files are also not accessible with QuickLook in the Finder.

Just FWIW, when I was having this problem my OO files were viewable via QuickLook from Finder/elsewhere. Since yours aren’t QuickLook-friendly, I’d wager your particular problem is with the Spotlight index, not DEVONthink.

Reindexing the spotlight and upgrading OO seemed to have done the trick. Thanks for the tips.

Hey,

Sorry to revive such an old thread. I am having issues making my omnioutliner files searchable. The files open in omni, unless i right click & open. They used to open in the viewer, when I first got DT. I reindexed spotlight & it has made very few of the files searchable. No new files are searchable, along with the test file from this post. I have tried to reindex spotlight again, moved all of my files from the global inbox into a new database, rebuilt that database & deleted my DT preference file. I am running the newest DTPO & Omnioutliner 3.10.3 non pro. Does anyone have any ideas?

They disabled the quick look plugin in the recent OmniOutliner versions since it was causing problems with Autosave on Lion. It’s supposed to come back in a future version, but has not yet. SAD ALAN!

Since the documents are not working with Spotlight, this is probably an issue with OmniOutliner, not DT. I’d suggest contacting the Omni Support Ninjas or posting at forums.omnigroup.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9 . Once things are working with Spotlight, come back here and we can get them working in DT.