One-Step Clipping?

I’m testing DevonAgent Pro and have been clipping some articles into DT3. Is there a way to make this a one-step process? Currently, when I either use the button of the shortcut (shift-command-C), it opens the menu capture box and I have to click another button. How do I clip with the last settings and skip the menu bar dropdown window?

Actually, I’d like to do this one-step clipping when I’m in Safari, too.

Maybe the other formats in Data > Add to DEVONthink are an option?

All of the options in the Data menu also require other steps, as this box pops up:

Set DEVONthink’s Import preferences to Global Inbox, otherwise, yes you’ll be prompted to choose your location.

Also, if you are using the Clip to DEVONthink option, you do not have to “click a button”. Just press Command-S as noted in DEVONthink’s Help > Documentation > Windows > The Sorter

Thanks, Jim, that will help a bit. However, there’s still a lot of action needed to clip to DT3. Using the share sheet takes a minimum of 3 actions. And you can’t just click on the sorter, as it might have a URL from an incomplete action, necessitating even more actions to clear it.

It would be nice to have a command to send to DT3 with the last settings used, whether option-clicking the Sorter or a keyboard command.

In a similiar case I’m using UI scripting (to set the group automatically before clipping from Safari via print dialogue), so maybe these adapted scripts could do what you’re looking for.

-- DEVONagent: Clip to DEVONthink with last settings

activate application "DEVONagent"
tell application "System Events"
	tell process "DEVONagent Pro" to keystroke "c" using {shift down, command down}

repeat until button 1 of group 1 of group 1 of group 1 of window 1 of process "DEVONthink 3" exists
		delay 0.1
	end repeat

tell process "DEVONthink 3" to click button 1 of group 1 of group 1 of group 1 of window 1
end tell

The script for Safari needs a little setup, you have to set a shortcut in System Preferences first (see e.g. Assign keyboard shortcuts to Smart Rules (and any other menu)), I use CMD + D (as I don’t use Safari bookmarks anymore).

Important: You first have to click the menu manually one time after launching Safari, otherwise Safari doesn’t accept the shortcut.

-- Safari: Clip to DEVONthink with last settings

activate application "Safari"
tell application "System Events"
	tell process "Safari" to keystroke "d" using {command down} -- change this to the one you've set in system preferences

repeat until button 1 of group 1 of group 1 of group 1 of window 1 of process "DEVONthink 3" exists
		delay 0.1
	end repeat

tell process "DEVONthink 3" to click button 1 of group 1 of group 1 of group 1 of window 1
end tell
1 Like