OneDrive Source and Repository

My employer requires us to use OneDrive to store all of our company files in a readable form. I have three main folders, customers, vendors, and company internal. These reside on OneDrive and contain my customer records, vendor files, and anything I need from the company.

I’ve been using DT for a good many years and it works wonderfully for keeping my many customer projects organized and searchable when I need to find that one quote from three years ago… however I noticed that after I indexed the folders - new files I dropped into the inbox and subsequently moved into the respective customer folders wouldn’t appear in OneDrive. They appear in the encrypted database path…

My question to DT experts, how best can I continue to use DT with my company’s mandatory use of OneDrive?

Obligatory: I did spend some time searching the forums here for similar questions and answers, but I didn’t find anything specific like this.

Which version of macOS and of DEVONthink do you use? What’s the path of the OneDrive folder?

A screen capture of this would be helpful.

I think I discovered my failure. I imported the folders instead of indexing them. So any files I’ve added to my DT file structure has been copied into the database but never into OneDrive.

I have some work to re-export my created files back to on drive and start over… :woozy_face:

I appreciate the replies - this is a great community.

I think I discovered my failure. I imported the folders instead of indexing them. So any files I’ve added to my DT file structure has been copied into the database but never into OneDrive.

That would indeed explain your issue.

I appreciate the replies - this is a great community.

Thanks! :heart: :slight_smile: