'open in two windows'

I’m running Devon 3.8.1 and Big Sur 11.4 on a 2017 Intel iMac. None of the three scripts labeled as “open in two windows” is working for me. What I’d like to do is simply open the same doc in two windows simultaneously (so I can read the article and look at the footnotes at the same time without scrolling). I’ve read the various posts about this, but I don’t know anything about scripting, and they quickly got too technical for me. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Three? There’s actually only one available in the support assistant, I’d suggest to remove the installed ones and to install the latest one from the assistant.

1 Like

Thanks; I just did that, and nothing happened. Here’s the reply when I run the script from the Script Editor:

tell current application
localized string “This document appears to have an Annotation but the document cannot be located.”
→ “This document appears to have an Annotation but the document cannot be located.”
localized string “Please select either one or two documents in DEVONthink.”
→ “Please select either one or two documents in DEVONthink.”
do shell script “system_profiler SPDisplaysDataType | grep Resolution | sed -E 's_.* ([0-9]) x ([0-9])\1 \2’
→ " Resolution: Retina 5K (5120 x 2880)"
end tell
tell application “DEVONthink 3”
get bounds of viewer window 1
→ {-12, 129, 1892, 1077}
Result:
error “Can’t make “Resolution” into type real.” number -1700 from “Resolution” to real

Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.
Thanks.