Opening a document in Devonthink doesn't show the top

When I open a document in Devonthink, it opens in its own Devonthink window. However, the top of the first page is always cut off, so I can’t see it. See picture as an example:

i64.tinypic.com/1zybsza.png

If I increase or decrease the size of the document, it makes no difference - I still can’t get it to scroll up to the top. Works fine in other apps e.g. OSX native Preview.

Any help appreciated.

That’s not expected behavior – fortunately – I suggest you open a ticket directly with Support (here or here or support_at_devontechnologies_dot_com), where you can get faster, more personalized attention than the forum. Send Support some examples of documents that are not working as you expect.

(I assume that Smokey the Bear in the screenshot is not part of the issue?)

Is this with a particular PDF or all of them?
What version of DEVONthink and OS are you running?

I’ve just noticed, it happens with the PDFs if I open them via the smart groups - but not if I find them in their “group” in the database and open from there!

I am using Devonthink Pro Office 2.9.11 and Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.

You might want to update to the current release of DEVONthink Pro Office - 2.9.15. There was a lot of High Sierra-compliance work in the updates between 2.9.11 and 2.9.15.

(I’ve always found that DEVONtechnologies is rapidly responsive to any changes in macOS and so keeping your installation up-to-date is the best practice.)

Seconding korm, you should keep your DEVONthink updated. Don’t just rely on “Check for updates” only. We announce point releases on our blog and social media as well.

I just updated the app, but not sure if I did things right. I just downloaded the latest version from this website. It then asked whether I wanted to keep the old version, or overwrite; I chose the latter. When I then try and start it up, it appears to have forgotten my license details as it comes up with a box asking for them. I can’t find the original email any more with them - any idea how to move forward?

I suggest using the “retrieve a lost license” option on this page – all that’s needed is your email address

devontechnologies.com/support.html

It is very unusual for a update process to forget your license – but that link should get you the info and up and running again.

Appear to have sorted it, many thanks!

Great!

(BTW, I fat fingered my last post and said it was “very usual” for DEVONthink to forget license info – nope, that’s wrong – it is “very unusual:slight_smile: )