Opportunity to mark groups or files for sync

Hi
I appreciated the possibility to have a group “mobile sync” which allowed me in the past to only replicate the files into it that I wanted to be synchronised to my mobile devices. This feature seems to be gone.
I would suggest to add a feature to mark files and groups (automatically selecting all files related to it) as “to be sync’d”. Still it is good to sync the whole db, but for large dbs it is not necessarily useful.
Thanks for a comment.

This is one of the options we had considered but discarded as we worked on it.

If you have the Pro Pack purchased (see DEVONthink To Go 2’s Settings > Manage), you can set your Sync location to Download Files: On demand. This will cause databases Synced from this location to Sync only the metadata (what we call in-house, a “shallow Sync”) . Going into a Synced database in DTTG2, you can call up the Info popup for specific Groups and set Download Files to Always. This mimics the functionality of the Mobile Sync folder.

The only caveat to this approach is that you still get the metadata and everything shoveled onto your device sans-content. This has resulted in me needing to re-think how I manage my databases because several of them are just much too large for my devices (and I’ve got the 64GB ones) even before I download a single file!

Where is the control in DEVONthink To Go, to do this for the whole sync location? I have purchased the Pro Pack. And can find no setting where I can do this.

“If you have the Pro Pack purchased (see DEVONthink To Go 2’s Settings > Manage), you can set your Sync location to Download Files: On demand. This will cause databases Synced from this location to Sync only the metadata”

I can do it database by database. But want to do it for the sync location as a whole.

At the moment, it seems to be set to “Always” as the default for databases, despite the Help saying the default was “on demand”.