Out of disk space?

My DT pro database is 4 GB and I have 2 GB left on my disk. I am frequently getting slow downs and startup disk full messages.

Two questions:

1. If you had a 4 GB database how much space would you want on your hard disk?

2. Are there ways to adjust or decrease the size of virtual ram that DT Pro seems to demand?

Thanks!

You have dangerously low free space on your hard drive.

Apple engineers recommend that 15-20% of the drive capacity should be available as free space to be used by the operating system and applications for caches and temporary files.

If the operating system runs out of space, it can start overwriting existing files, which results in data corruption. That’s a bad thing.

Suggestion: Either delete unneeded files from your drive or archive them to CD, DVD or an external drive to regain sufficient free space. You will also note improved performance of your computer.

If you haven’t been doing so, it’s a good idea to use a maintenance utility such as OnyX, C*cktail or others that can rotate log files and delete old logs to help reclaim disk space. And of course periodic preventive maintenance such as cache cleaning etc. is good for your computer.