Paginated PDF

All,

So my preferred method to save a PDF to the database from Chrome is to use the script:
– Add PDF document from Google Chrome to DEVONthink
because it’s the only way I know how to do it using a keyboard shortcut, in one quick step. However, this creates a PDF that is one long page, without any pagination. Is there a simple way (perhaps by modifying the “create PDF document from” command below:

tell application id "com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2" to create PDF document from this_URL name this_title 

to get it to create a paginated PDF by default? Tried googling around for AppleScript syntax but couldn’t find anything.

Thanks!
Konstantin

tell application id "com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2" to create PDF document from this_URL name this_title pagination true

Awesome–thanks korm! I didn’t know the syntax–appreciate it!
K.

Opening and exploring an app’s dictionary in AppleScript Editor can reveal many secrets. :wink:

Thanks again! I didn’t know Apps had dictionaries in AppleScript–I’d waded through the help files (both of DT and the AppleScript editor, because I didn’t know if “create PDF document from” was an OS level thing or DEVONthink to no avial. This will be quite helpful going forward…appreciate it!

K.

Except in obscurely rare cases, every Apple-scriptable app or scripting addition has a dictionary. For anyone interested in AppleScript, I recommend the AppleScript section of Apple’s own Mac Developer Library. In this case see this section. The Developer Library is not always the best information source, but it is free. Also check out MacScripter.