PDF highlights not synching to Devonthink to Go

I am seeing no issue in the current internal build. I’d say it’s safe to say this will be fixed in the next release.

1 Like

Ooh, that would be wonderful. Thanks.

No problem.

This is happening again; just annotated 3 different PDFs in DTTG (3.1.2). Two of them sync fine (to Devonthink 3.7.2); the third syncs when I change metadata (like the rating) but the annotations on the iPad do not show up. I exported the file from DTTG via airdrop and reimported into the desktop devonthink–annotations do show up then, so they are being made in the file but somehow not syncing. Any insight into what might be causing this?

Were any issues logged in DEVONthink To Go or the Mac? Did you try to sync the database on both devices manually?

I did sync manually–I’m syncing over the local network, using Bonjour on the desktop side. There was a “connection to server timed out” message in the log, though the sync had appeared to be done.

I just tried again and…this time it worked!

Not sure why it was timing out (I’ve got a strong wi-fi signal, and nothing else running on the network at the moment except for the laptop and iPad in question). But in any case seems to be working now. Apologies for the false alarm.

Was either DEVONthink 3 or DEVONthink To Go busy? Or did one of them crash?

Nope–neither crashed; I did quite and restart DTTG after sync had appeared to be complete (but I guess wasn’t, given the time-out) to see if that might trigger it to re-start the synchronization process.

In any case sync reliability feels much much better after the DTTG 3 update.

& thanks for the troubleshooting!

Please let us know if this should happen again! Any additional details would be really useful in that case. Thanks!

I am experiencing the same issue reported above: I highlight and underline PDFs on DT3 but highlights and underlines do not appear on DTTG.
Is there any chance to see them in DTTG?
Or any workaround to see PDFs (with highlights and underlines from DT3) on iPhone?
Thanks

Are you sure that the latest PDF document from the Mac was already synchronized to the iPhone? E.g. are date & size identical?

As mentioned in several places on these forums, as well as our FAQ, if you think you have a sync issue, the first things to look at are:

• What is reported in DEVONthink’s Window > Log?
  • Is there a triangle on the sync icon in DEVONthink To Go’s bottom toolbar? If so, tap it. What is reported?

@cgrunenberg, @BLUEFROG, thank you for quick answers.
(Before posting here a few hours ago, I tried to check if I forgot something and I did a quick search in the forum).
In my opinion, sync is ok (date and size of the file are the same; DT3 Log if clear; no triangle on the sync icon in DTTG).
I repeated the test: I downloaded another PDF (with highlights) for the first time to DTTG, but highlights did not appear in DTTG.
Moreover, the “preview” of the file in DTTG (the first page before download) showed highlights; after download, the PDF did not have any

Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.
Please include full-resolution screen captures of the PDF in DEVONthink and DEVONthink To Go.
Thanks!

1 Like