PDF highlights not synching to Devonthink to Go

My PDF highlights made using the Devonthink PDF app on the Mac are not synching from Devonthink to Devonthink to Go on my iPad. The PDF shows up on the iPad without the highlights. It does work the other way around: highlights done in Devonthink to Go on the iPad do synch to Devonthink on my Mac.
What is the problem?
Thanks.

We are investigating this. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

I am having this problem as well, any progress?

Welcome @quirkt

Not at this time. Announcements will be made as information becomes available.

Not to keep piling on, but I am experiencing the same problem. I am using the latest versions of DTPO and DTTG on Mojave.

Just to add some further context, I am seeing this as well – but still running macOS 10.13.6 (High Sierra), with DTPO 2.11.3 & DTTG2 2.7.1 (16337).

@Cassady

Thanks. Yeah, it’s an issue with the 2.7.1 build.

Just to pile on things. Highlights from DT3 don’t sync to DTTG. :slight_smile:

The problem is that the annotations created by macOS are not compliant to the official PDF standard. DEVONthink To Go, however, sticks to the standard and its PDF library does, at the moment, not show these annotations. As we’re not making this library there is little we can do here we’re afraid. We are in talks with the makers of the PDF library, though.

Just to be clear - highlights made in DTTG2, they do sync back/are being seen in DT3, correct?

Yes, you should see highlights made in DEVONthink To Go in DEVONthink on the Mac.

1 Like

And highlights made on the Mac sync to DEVONthink To Go but are just not shown.

Many thanks.