PDFs in DTTG: multiple color picker

I’m note sure if someone has requested something like this before, but I think that if the top menubar on DTTG (while reading PDFs) made available more color choices (re: immediate picker), the workflow of highlighting/underlining/etc could be quite faster. (see mockup below)

I, for instance, have color codes when reviewing pdf. These are:

Screenshot 2021-03-26 at 16.53.23

The fast change of color in the pdf tools is, in fact, one of the reasons I keep maintaing Highlighs app, instead of just sticking to DTTG.

Note: DT3 could also benefit from something similar, but in the Mac I customised the toolbar (with BetterTouchTool) to speed up the process.

Why don’t you just add shortcuts for the highlight colors in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > App Shortcuts ?

Select text and hit the shortcut… the text is highlighted in that color. If you want to keep highlighting in that color, you can just press Shift-Command-L for subsequent selections. Then select and hit a shortcut to change the color again.

On the Mac I tend to forget the shortcuts… there are too many to memorize. Using the TouchBar works better for me.

My request stands mainly for the iPadOS app, DTTG.