Pdfs now showing complete web address, not text with underline

When I create a pdf from a safari page via command + P followed by a second command + P, any link appearing on the web page presents as a full web linke (with https://…) in the resulting pdf.

This seems to be a recent shift. At least I don’t remember this from past versions. Could this have been introduced in the 3.9 update?

Regardless, how do I capture safari webpages into DT as they appear on the webpage itself (text with underline, and not full web address (https://…)?

The PDF is actually printed by Safari, not by DEVONthink. As I’ve never experienced this over here, I wonder whether it’s a bug or feature of the website.

I’m not sure what you mean by “a second Command-P,” but it sounds like the website’s media-print stylesheet is such that it expands URLs. (Which, in my opinion, is a humane thing to do.) Try using the Safari > File > Export as PDF command to get a rendering that is more true to what you’re viewing.

1 Like

You can set a shortcut of Command-P for tte Save PDF to DEVONthink 3 option. Pressing Command-P twice in quick succession will invoke the print dialog and the save function.

Gordon » by going here*, you will see a number of options to which you can assign your personal keyboard shortcuts.

I have my set up so the first command-P get me the default print dialog box, I set this** to command-P so as to invoke the Save PDF to DEVONthink 3 option. This results in the presentation of the DT box that allows me to file and tag the new PDF where I choose.

You are also correct on the “the website’s media-print stylesheet”. I’m in researching a particular website pretty deeply. Everything there prints out the html address. Whereas DEVONthink.com does not.

BlueFrog » Indeed it does. Thanks once again for the help.

• system settings > keyboard > keyboard shortcuts > app shortcuts > all apps
    ** “Save PDF to DEVONthink 3”

You’re welcome.

Ah, thanks for explaining the “two” Command-P thing. I don’t use the DT action because launching DevonThink just to save a PDF would push my patience to the limit. I just export to PDF from Safari, or print to PDF natively, and slip the file into the Inbox folder so its imported the next time I open Devonthink.