Pen support DEVONthink To Go → Devonthink on Mac

Devonthink on Mac version: 3.8.4
DEVONthink To Go version: 3.5.1 (17216)

This text in the release note for 3.8.4
" Another area that has received some love is the Markdown editor with, e.g., additions for working with lists and separators. If you’re an iPad user, you might like that DEVONthink 3.8.4 shows pencil drawings created by DEVONthink To Go 3.5 and later."
Sorry to ask, but how and where in DEVONthink To Go can I create a picture with the pen. Using RTF or Markdown note format, the editor does not accept any form of drawing. All such attempts is converted to a character.
Obviously, I’m missing something here.
Best
Gunnar

You can create a pencil drawing in either an RTF or Formatted Note document. Select the Links & Images menu from the toolbar

and on the toolbar press the pencil drawing button as highlighted below:

IMG_465D357805D6-1

Once you have created your drawing it will be inserted as an image into your document, if you need to re-edit the drawing select the image and press the pencil drawing button again on the toolbar.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer.
However, I do not have that menu option, ie the “Links & Images” menu selection is missing!

I should add more info on this. My iPhone is on 15.5 (19F77) and I can see the “Links & Images” menu selection.
The iPad Pro is on 15.6(19G5046d) and here there is no “Links & Images” menu selection.

What type of file are you editing?

I tried RTF and Markdown.

It is not supported in Markdown documents, however should be visible for RTF(D)'s. What options from the menu are you seeing?

It is working fine for RTF-docs! Thank you very much for your help and assistance.
Gunnar

1 Like