Phantom folders reappear whenever I add new files in Sorter

I’m using DTPO 2.8 on a Mac running Yosemite 10.10.

A few weeks ago I dragged two large folders into my Inbox using the Sorter. Now, every time I drag files using the Sorter those folders (empty, now) reappear along with the files. Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Here’s the Sorter itself:
Screen Shot 2014-10-14 at 11.21.45 .png
As you can see, I only use the master Inbox (and relocate files into databases from there).

Here’s my Inbox before I drop in 1 file:

After I drop in 1 file, the two new folders “Texts” and “Python” appear:

Add another 1 file and the two new folders appear again. You’ll have to take my word for it, because I’m at my upload limit.

1. Quit DEVONthink.
    2 .In the Finder, press Command-Shift-G and paste: ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Pro 2/Inbox.
  2. If you see the folders in here (and this is where they should be) you can safely delete them.
  3. Relaunch DEVONthink.
  4. If the folder is not there, then repeat starting at step 2 with this path: ~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Sorter/Global Inbox

:smiley: Thank you, Jim! That’s eliminated the problem.

yours
Michael

No problem. (Pesky ghosts :smiley: )

hooray for the forums. I had such a “ghost” folder that would show up every time I imported something by the Sorter’s Inbox. I found the ghost folder in

~/Library/Application Support/DEVONthink Sorter/Global Inbox

and deleting it eliminated the problem

:smiley:

HUGE HUGE thanks. This has been bugging me for months, but never got around to posting the question!

Glad to hear it! :smiley: