Please put sorter sound back in

It drives me crazy because I have to visually watch to make sure the operation completed. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Rob

You can rest assured that if an error occurs, you will be notified. Other than that, we’re looking for a nice and unobtrusive sound. Any ideas/donations welcome.

Annard, just make it easy for yourselves and let the user choose the sound through the preferences. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Rob

Actually Rob, it’s not that easy. One of the things we’re trying to do with DT2 is to simplify things and not expose every bell and whistle option to the user. Our application is complicated enough as it is and we don’t want to go the way of VLC’s preference panel or the one in M$ Office.

However, as a Sunday tip from the developer, you can do the following in Terminal:

defaults write com.devon-technologies.think-sorter EnableDropSound -bool YES

NB: this can stop working at any time, do this at your own risk, might eat your favourite pet, will cause hearing damage when your speaker volume is put too loud, may wake up anybody in the vicinity of your speakers, ad infinitum. How many more disclaimers should I add to indicate that it can change? Caveat emptor.

How about, …“decrease your gas mileage, date your best girl and spurn global economic collapse”?

[size=85]Maybe we better leave that last one out.[/size]

That was a non sequitur. Adding a choice to use a specific sound for dropping a file to the preferences is going to cause the world to tilt on its axis? Come on, now! I’ve been in this business for a long time and that’s just silly. Most applications give the user the choice of sound files for alerts. With all of the feature function in DevonThink, which is a superb application, I refuse to believe this would be a stumper for you guys. :slight_smile:

Regards,
Rob