Print to DevonNote PDF Script Stopped Working

I have DevonNote professional and have elected to install all the scripts, including the print to DevonNote PDF script. But, whenever I use it, it goes through the “printing” dialouge but never loads into Devon Note and I get no dialouge. I’ve tried reinstalling the scripts from the menu in DevonThink, but it still does not work. Does anyone have any ideas?

I’m runnning it on a MacBook Pro by the way.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I think you mean DEVONthink Pro rather than DEVONnote.

I’m also running on a MacBook Pro and the “Save to DEVONthink Pro.scpt” script works perfectly. While viewing a printable page in any application, just select File > Print. Click on the PDF button, then select the script “Save to DEVONthink Pro.scpt”. In some cases you will be asked to name the output. You will be prompted to choose the group location in your DT Pro database, then the PDF will be saved to the Files folder in your DT Pro database.

Note: DEVONthink Pro should be open and the database to which you wish to save the new content should be loaded before you initiate the script.

You are right - I meant DevonThink Pro. I managed to get it working by deleting the existing script in the PDF services folder and reinstalling the add ons from DevonThink.

Thanks for your help, though!

this script never works for me with lotus notes, by the way. Nothing happens.

We’re ditching the program in the future, so I can hold hope…

Interesting. Have you tried the script recently with Lotus Notes – that is, using DT Pro 1.1.1?

Can you print from Lotus Notes using the normal OS X File > Print command? (If not, then the script can’t work.)

I haven’t seen Lotus Notes in years and don’t have it available for tests.

What do you know, it’s working now. Of course, I’m testing at home, which is a slightly different config than at work – 10.4.6 vs. 10.4.2. I’m pretty sure I’ve only tried it at work before.

I’ll try again back at the office and let you know what happens… Would be great if it did work as email is a prime source of raw material for DT for me…