Problem importing PDFs from Safari into DTTG

On iPad/iPhone I open a pdf file in Safari. Now I want to import it into DTTG. I use the “share” functionality of iOS and pick DEVONthink as app. Then the “Clip to DEVONthink” dialogue opens, but I cannot choose to import the file as PDF, the only possibilites are as link, web archive or markdown file.

If I use “share” in other apps (e.g. PDF Expert), again the “Clip to DEVONthink” dialogue appears, but this time the file is saved in PDF.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

What is the url for the pdf file that you are trying to import

https://www.die-tagespost.de/storage/epa/epaget340,1415,0

FYI is no PDF at that URL (at least for me when I tried)

I get an access denied message, however from the url I can see why the Capture PDF option is not available. I will look into fixing this for the next update.

Thanks.

Here is another example:

Looks like a good URL. In fact, the capture pdf is available, but in my inbox I only get the URL.

If you hold the DTTG icon in the share sheet then you can select “open in” rather than “share with” - that should work.

1 Like

Reopening this, since this has reappeared for me in iOS 16 - just to confirm this is already being addressed. Thank you.

On a related note, is there a different way people are using to import PDFs into their DTTG on the go that I am missing? At the moment, I drop my files into a cloud folder and then import them on my desktop but this is not very convenient. Thank you!

-ow

I usually use the iOS “Share” to drop PDFs and Markdowns into DEVONthink ToGo.

If Safari insists to send an unusable URL (and URLs is the only thing it shares) you can share the PDF to the Files app and put it directly into DEVONthink To Go. It’s integrated as a virtual file system and so usable from any app that supports the Files app’s mechanisms.

1 Like

Great suggestion, hadn’t thought of it, thanks!

You’re welcome!