Processing Global Inbox from iPad

I have been using DT to process my Global Inbox, where I have emails imported there, web page captured, ideas noted in Markdown, PDF scanned from other apps. With the keyboard shortcuts, I can easily rename the documents/notes, tag them accordingly, and move them to the appropriate databases. Thus, leaving Global Inbox empty most of the time, after processing.

Now, I would like to do the same things in DTTG. So, basically, I Just want to:

1. Rename the item
  2. Tag the item
  3. Flag or/and Label the item
  4. Move the item

In DTTG, without keyboard shortcut, I need to go through many clicks just to do them. Is there a more efficient method?

For example, to Rename the item, I need to either click the “…” or click hold, then select the Info panel. At the same panel, I can Tag, or Flag or Label. But I cannot Move it to different database, despite the Locations is visible and clickable (but that just bring you to the database).

Since we are changing the Info of the specific item, it will be good the Locations is meant for the item (ie to change the Locations of the item) instead of jumping to that Locations/Database.

The last step Move is crucial to keep the Global Inbox clean and empty. For now, I need to get out of the Info Panel, click the “…” or click hold, then select the Move for a drop down of Databases. If the database is not in the drop down list, another click to show the whole list of databases.

I am new to DT and DTTG. So, there might be a more efficient way than what I am currently doing. Any advice?

1 Like

it will be good the Locations is meant for the item (ie to change the Locations of the item) instead of jumping to that Locations/Database.

The Location in DEVONthink To Go’s Info popup serves the same function as the one in DEVONthink’s Generic Info inspector. It is there to show or reveal a location, not to change it.

• Are you moving files to the same group(s) often?

• Are you using an iPhone or iPad?

• I rarely use group. I primary use tags and databases. To process items in the Global Inbox, I either move them to Action database, if I need to take action on them; I move them to Cabinet database, if I do not need to take action but just to file them.

• I use both iPhone and iPad. For now, I just start to explore processing Global Inbox from iPad instead of waiting to get to MacBook Air to process them. iPhone is currently used to refer/read the items.

On the iPad, why not open more than one window in DEVONthink To Go and drag and drop between them?