Product info, use cases, demos

I am interested to learn more about this product, but there is very limited info available, The YouTube videos are 8/9 years old? Is it still a current product?

Yes DEVONsphere Express is still actively developed.
Tap its action button (gear icon) and check out the built-in Help.

Thank. Anywhere I can get any more info on the current version?

Do you mean what version you’re running?
If so: Action button > About DEVONsphere Express.

I’m looking for MORE information than available in the help documents. Any support provided by you seems to point directly to the help documentation in a manner that implies the help documentation is more than sufficient.
I’ve read the documentation and honestly I do not understand what the point of DEVONsphere is. I’m sure the user is asking the same question. Is there MORE info ANYWHERE regarding how to actually use DEVONsphere in a manner that makes it worth learning to use? In my opinion the help documents do not provide sufficient support. To then come to the help forums and see almost every single question is shut down in a manner that can only be construed as condescending; not only for sphere but I’ve noticed it significantly throughout the DT3 and DTTG forums too.

The applications you provide ARE NOT self explanatory. The online descriptions gloss over the programs and present them in a way that suggests they are a kind of Gods Gift Artificial Intelligence software which may aswell have been brought back in time from the future and all versions will integrate and communicate so smoothly in a manner never seen before, the almighty DEVON software; the Swiss-army knife to solve all any AND all scenarios one could possibly encounter when using their MAC.

And then you install it and realise that it doesn’t even make sense - even after the help docs and the forums. And then you’re made to feel like an idiot because the help docs are dreadful, and not vice versa. There should at the least be a disclaimer that the learning curve is STEEP. Like, 6 months to a year at the least and that’s if you’re TRYING.

2 Likes

Frankly, your reply to me sounds like sour grapes.

I get what you are saying. Sometimes the responses are a little bit curt. But I can only imagine how tired I would be of answering the same question when people don’t bother to read the support material.

Personally, Bluefrog has bent over backwards to help me even when I didn’t read the manual.

I get that these programs are not for dummies. So I work hard to try and figure them out. And when I can’t, I come here and ask questions. I always get help. It always amazes me. Yes, I sometimes feel as if I have been spoken down to. But that could just be my imagination as well. There was never a time when I was directly treated rudely.

Instead of going on and on like this, may I just simply recommend that you ask if there are any additional resources? I too would enjoy a course on it or something like that and so far I have not found one.

My personal opinion is this organization is beyond helpful. Bluefrog has done so much to help it’s not funny. But we do all have to do our part. And I think that also includes at least referencing the support material as much as possible.

I just did that finally today and learned a whole bunch. I’m excited to put it to use. And I’m sure I will have questions and will be here to ask.

3 Likes