Quicklook not allowing me to select text...

In the release notes for v. 2.0.6, it states that I can select text in emails using Quicklook. However, I’m not able to do so…

Quicklook still opens in the default view for mail.

Any suggestions?

Click on the little “Text” icon (with a folded-down upper right corner) in the navigation bar immediately above the pane in which the message is displayed. This will switch to a rich text view of the message.

I’m assuming that hitting the spacebar, while in DTPO opens a Quicklook window of the document. I have an email I imported, I hit the spacebar on the file, opens Quicklook in DTPO. From Quicklook, I should be able to select/highlight text from the email…

Should that work? Or am I confused…

Not all QuickLook plugins are equal, so you cannot assume that text is selectable in all of them.

DEVONthink, the Finder and other applications use the plugins created by application developers. Some plugins support selection and copy of text to the clipboard, others do not.

What version of the OS are you using? There are some changes to Quick Look functionality in 2.0.6 that will only work with Snow Leopard.

I am using Snow Leopard 10.6.5

Am I correct? Should I be able to select the document, hit space bar (QuickLook) and select the text?

Or is Quicklook another name for the Icon that Bill is referring to?

Sorry for the ignorance, but I’m not starting to really dig into DTPO. I’ll see if I’m able to do this on my MacBook…

That’s the way I would interpret the release notes, but as I am still on Leopard I cannot confirm.