Quicklook plugins within DevonThink

Hello,

I wondered whether I can get DevonThinks Three-Pane View or Split-View to render Quick Look plugins inside the DevonThinks window (without clicking Quick-Look button in the menu).

I installed QLColorCode for nice highlighted source code. In Finder / Quick-Look, all sources are nicely highlighted. However, I added a bunch of C++ files to DT and they are just shown as plain text. Any way to adjust this?

Regards,
Marc

Try View > Best Alternative.

It changes the formatting, but not in the expected way.

My screenshot shows “Best Alternative” to the left and quick look to the right (same file). It seems for some reason Devonthink tries to parse it as Markdown or similar.

Hey! I know you!! Haha. :smiley:

Code types are just treated as plaintext, so the QuickLook plugin used to generate the preview is not the one that you want it to use.

Try this…
x-devonthink://preference?key=PlainTextIsMarkdown&value=no

If not, Development would have to weigh in on it.

Hey :wink:!

The command does not seem to do much. Except opening DT, nothing happens when clicking the link, and it is still previewed wrongly.

As I also have a Markdown QL plugin installed for .md files, I’d appreciate it if it would just use “whatever QL plugin you’ll find” for text files. Markdown could be the default in case it does not find other plugins for that file extension.

Shoutout to devs!

All my plugins are already in ~/Library/QuickLook and qlmanage is configured to use them correctly:

mkastner@Marcs-MacBook-Pro ~/Library/QuickLook % ls -la
total 56
drwxr-xr-x   9 mkastner  staff   306 Dec 11 15:16 ./
drwx------@ 86 mkastner  staff  2924 Dec 12 14:45 ../
lrwxr-xr-x   1 mkastner  staff    87 Dec 11 15:14 QLColorCode.qlgenerator@ -> /opt/homebrew-cask/Caskroom/qlcolorcode/2.0.2/QLColorCode-2.0.2/QLColorCode.qlgenerator

mkastner@Marcs-MacBook-Pro ~/Library/QuickLook % qlmanage -m | grep source
  public.source-code -> /opt/homebrew-cask/Caskroom/qlcolorcode/2.0.2/QLColorCode-2.0.2/QLColorCode.qlgenerator (2.0.1 - loaded)
  public.c-source -> /opt/homebrew-cask/Caskroom/qlcolorcode/2.0.2/QLColorCode-2.0.2/QLColorCode.qlgenerator (2.0.1 - loaded)

Finder and other applications are correctly using Quicklook. But DT does not.