Re-sync after replacing database on source Mac

Last night I had some trouble with my hard drive on my main DTTPO tool, my Mac, running 10.12.2.

I got the hardware part squared away, but chose to restore an earlier version of my database from a Time Machine backup that I trusted. All went well with this, and I’m back in business on the Mac side.

But on DTTG on my iPhone 6s, upon launch, the Global Inbox seemed to sync happily and quickly, but upon opening one of my larger dbases (1.75Gb), I hit sync, and started a laborious process of downloading that drained the battery and still hasn’t synced more than 5% of the dbase. (I would have had it plugged in, but did not anticipate that the sync would run that long…)

By hitting the cloud symbol at the bottom of this dbases, have I caused some kind of full d/l and not just an index? I do not remember the original sync taking this long. Can anyone advise? I apologize if there’s something simple here I’m missing! :slight_smile:

This is unfortunate. Something might have gone awry with the sync store when the database was restored? I suggest you open a ticket directly with Support (here or here or support_at_devontechnologies_dot_com), where you can get faster personalized attention than the forum.