Rearranging documents in a group

Please pardon my low-tech, not-so-smart question. I’m a writer, and find devonthink incredibly useful. But how do I rearrange documents in a group? For instance, I’m now downloading a series of New York Times articles on covid in Uttar Pradesh, India. I have a group folder called “Uttar Pradesh,” and the Sorter on Chrome does a wonderful job of quickly downloading .webarchive documents into the folder. I’m renaming the document slugs by date, ie., “April 27 '21 This is a Catastrophe,” but I can’t move the webarchive documents around in the folder to put them in my preferred order. I end up with the time consuming practice of putting “1, 2, 3” in the slug. There must be a better way.

Welcome @Cappy

If you want to manually sort the order of files in the item list, choose View > Sort > Unsorted and you can drag and drop to rearrange them to your liking.

Thank you!

You’re very welcome :slight_smile:

Can I ask more questions from a low-tech writer? I have 2 issues. 1. I set up an automatic daily search in DevonAgent pro to send to Devonthink 3 daily results a scientist I’m writing a book about, and it DAP flooded the DT3 book database with tens of thousands of results. I stopped it from happening (not sure how) but the scientist’s name still pops up in a search box and would like a better understanding of how to control search. More importantly on DT3 (see question no. 2)…