Recurring Crash of DevonThink Pro Disaster to Work Database

Was hoping that Devon Sync was answer to my prayers. Sadly not.

I have verified and repaired all of my databases prior to sync from Desktop to DropBox API sync.

When I try to import one of my databases named “Work” (guess what that is for) Devonthink Pro Crashes every time.

I have deleted Devonthink from laptop and reinstalled with same result.

I have deleted DropBox App/Devonthink folder, rebuilt work database, verified and rebuilt work database, started fresh sync to DropBox through API and I STILL get a crash when I try to import the database.

I need more direction and I am not sure where to go.

Please submit crash reports through the DEVONtechnologies Support Ticket System. Thanks.

Generally I have been superbly happy with the product and the support at Devonthink.

However I am also having major difficulties getting the new sync to work properly.

Despite being successfully verified, repaired, and rebuilt, the Devonthink Dropbox Sync could not complete the syncing of most of my databases.

If you wish, I am happy to send databases to you.

Warm wishes,

Mitchell

Please try the Sync operation again AFTER following these instructions…

To enable logging, type the following in /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app and restart DEVONthink:

defaults write com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2 DTSyncDebug -bool YES
defaults write com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2 DTSyncDebugHigh -bool YES

This will log more detail to your system log, which can be viewed in /Applications/Utilities/Console.app.

After you’ve attempted the Sync, open Console, type “DEVONthink” in the filter field in the upper right-hand corner, and copy and paste ALL of the window’s contents into a new text document.

Start a new Ticket at our DEVONtechnologies Support Ticket System and attach the document. Thank you.