Regular Crashes after updating to 3.8.3

If you get the Crash Report Dialogue that’s different from my “silent” crashes (without the report). I’m in the dark here …

If you’re interested in a debug build logging additional information, please send me an email or private message.

In my case, it closes without even going to sleep.
I doubt as well that the scripts are responsible for it as well.
(Although I couldn´t manage to narrow the phenomena by trying all possible combinations of DBs)

I just worked in DT. Watching the scripts doing their job. The next time they would be running again, is some time away.

But the DB closed anyway, while I was working on a pdf in a different app.

Should I try de-install and re-install?

Just let me know if you’re interested in the mentioned debug build, a reinstallation probably won’t fix this.

If you are running scripts, and decide not to install the debug build, I would certainly suggest deactivating all scripts as a step towards narrowing down the possible culprits.

(I’d be looking especially for the term exit where maybe I’d intended to write exit repeat for example)

I installed it on the weekend.

First impression was like :“oh, the build version is whoopsie fast!” :flushed: :sweat_smile:

After a while the issues start again. What do I need to do? Do you need me to send you the log files?

And what do I do with the original app? It conflicates when clipping and using finder share function.

Please choose Help > Report Bug while pressing the Alt modifier key and send the result to cgrunenberg - at - devon-technologies.com - thanks!

Only one instance should be installed, launching sometimes one or other version will reset the logs and therefore wipe out the desired information of the debug build.

What kind of Mac do you use?

Model Identifier: MacBookPro15,2
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2,4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB
System Firmware Version: 1731.100.130.0.0 (iBridge: 19.16.14243.0.0,0)
OS Loader Version: 540.100.7~23

And running macOS Monterey 12.3.1?

yes