Reminder and Send Mail action

Welcome,
I set up a reminder to file with the contract: send a mail one day before the end of the contract. I wanted DT3 to send me a reminder by email on 13/03/2023. The email was sent today, 30/03/2023. two weeks after the indicated date.
I have a problem. What to think about this?

What do the Mail headers say about the history of it?

Was DEVONthink actually running on the computer in the meantime?

thanks,

This is a script that sends an email with specific content. It certainly worked today because it sent an email as I opened DT3.

Yes, I work with DT3 for several hours a day.

The source of the script would be useful.

I was simply wondering if perhaps the mail was sent at the right moment but got stuck at an intermediate server. Apparently not.

1 Like

hmmm. I don’t know where to look for this script. It is not a folder …/Application Scripts/com.devon-technologies.think3/Menu

Reminder scripts are in a separate directory: ~/Library/com.devon-technologies.think3/Reminders

I do not see such a script here.
Zrzut ekranu 2023-03-30 o 20.02.51

This is what you wrote. @cgrunenberg then asked to see the source code of the script. So we don’t know what script you’re referring to.
Please clarify.

This is not a script in the script menu. I selected in the alarm field: send email

1 Like

That Send Email command does not send the file. It never has. It sends a reference and an item link to the file.

Send email also fails for me
I have it set to repeat hourly
The time field updates each hour; but no mail

fwiw Setting the alarm to Notification works

Is DEVONthink running the whole time?

Yes, I actually watched the reminder time update

Which email client do you use, is DEVONthink 3 allowed to automate it? DEVONthink 3 send emails via the default email client, not on its own.

Please see previous posts:

1. I set up a reminder to file with the contract. I wanted DT3 to send me a reminder by email on 13/03/2023. The email was sent 30/03/2023, two weeks after the indicated date. I did not want to send a file. I wanted a reminder by a certain date, but I didn’t get it.
  2. Yes, DT3 is running every day, all day. This is my primary working tool. :blush:
  3. Yes, I use Apple Mail as my primary client and the only one. Although I suffer cruelly from it because it doesn’t suit me at all. However, DT3 takes priority.

And DEVONthink 3 is allowed to automate it? Is Apple Mail running at the same time or has to be launched by DEVONthink?