Remove item in reading list

I’m assuming “remove item” is equal to delete item.

after removing an item from reading list, I dont even see it in trash.

Removing an item from pending list… removes only from pending list. Item is still in its own place into your DB or indexed folder.

“pending list” mmm

I use Reading List for websites mostly. I add them directly from Safari. Then later I read them to see whether is worth keeping or not. and there is no option for delete or trash, just “remove”

So I’m assuming it deletes it when clicking on remove.
In Help it says it “can’t be undone” so it deletes it then.

My error. It is “Reading List” in DT… But when you remove (or delete, sorry, I have no pending now and cannot right click to see the exact message), it is removed from the “Reading” but no from DT itself.

So where does it go after removing then? As I said I add websites directly from Safari into reading list :wink:

But you are talking about Reading List in DEVONthink or from Safari? They are completely different things. An item in Safari Reading List (or whatever is called in Safari in English, my macOS is in Spanish) is not reflected in DEVONthink Reading List and viceversa.

In DEVONthink, removing an element from Reading List does not delete the item from DEVONthink itself, only from Reading List.

Deleteting from Safari, yes, removes forever.

Of course I’m talking about Reading list from DevonThink.

try adding a website to the reading list from Safari, then remove it see what happens.

I guess you are misunderstanding, if you add an item to the Reading List within DevonThink yes, removing it, it won’t delete it. For example if you have an item in a database then you add that item to the reading list, of course it wont delete it because you added it from DevonThink. But if you add a website straight from Safari to the Reading List of DevonThink’s, it does delete it if you click on “remove”. Why? because you dont have it in any database :slight_smile:

I didn’t knew that you could add a website to DT Reading List that was not in any database… :sweat_smile: I dropped one and yes, if you delete from that, it is removed because it isn’t in any database. And yes, it is not in Trash folder.

I think that at least it should go to Trash if it was not in any other place. At least it is an item that was in DT and is not anymore… Logically it would had been in Trash.

But if you add a website straight from Safari to the Reading List of DevonThink’s, it does delete it if you click on “remove”. Why? because you dont have it in any database

That is correct.

1 Like

I use a script to add URL from Safari to DevonThink’s Reading List. :slight_smile:

1 Like