Reopen notes after quit

I often have a dozen or so notes open (i.e. in separate windows).

When I quit DT, I would like these notes to reopen upon restarting the program. Is this possible? Might this be where workspaces come in to play?

Thanks again for your help. I’ve skimmed the manual and didn’t see an option there.

DEVONthink should remember open windows on relaunch (and I just verified it’s working here).

Workspaces could indeed be used for this purpose, though realize it also includes current open databases too (which may or may not be desirable in a particular instance).

Strange. Not working here. I deleted the “com.devon-technologies.think2.savedState” folder but that didn’t fix the problem either. I should note that “Close windows when quitting an app” is not checked in the macOS “General” preferences. Any ideas what the problem may be? Thank you again for your help.

You can try trashing the prefs.

1. Quit DEVONthink.
  2. Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app and paste: defaults delete com.devon-technologies.thinkpro2 and press Return.
  3. Type: exit , press Return and quit Terminal.
  4. Relaunch DEVONthink.

Thank you. Will try trashing preferences in one moment. One odd thing I just noticed about this behavior: the notes will reopen if they are all active. If any note is minimized to the dock, it will not reopen.

Oh well that’s a different issue. I don’t believe that will work, even with trashed prefs. I’d hold off on that.

Thank you for confirming. I am starting to think only native macOS apps can reopen minimized windows: for example, Preview can, yet Adobe Reader—or DT—cannot. Curious. Anyways, thanks again for your time with this. I must say I am really enjoying the switch to DT thus far and am very pleased to finally be done with Evernote.

Glad to hear it! :smiley: