Replicating multiple items into a same group

Hello

I can’t figure out why I can classify multiple items with the “See also & Classify” inspector but I can’t replicate them: when I press ALT the “replicate” button is greyed out. Is that intentional?

b.

Are all items located in the same database?

Yes.

And the destination group is also in the same database as the items to classify/replicate?

Yes.

If one document is selected in the main view and multiple destination groups located in the same database are selected in the inspector then replicating should be possible (just checked this). A screenshot might be useful.

I think there’s a misunderstanding, the use case I speak about is when trying to replicate 2 or more items to a same destination. The screenshot that illustrates this situation:

Is this a real screenshot? Neither are multiple selections like in your main view supported by the inspector nor have the documents any content which is required too. And actually I can’t reproduce such a setup.

So yes it is a real screenshot.

Neither are multiple selections like in your main view supported by the inspector

They actually somehow are if, while leaving the docs selected, I click in the inspector search field and type something.

nor have the documents any content which is required too

I made up demo empty docs for the screenshots. But here again, the above behaviour is also possible.

To reproduce:

• select two records somewhere
  • activate the inspector
  • click on its search field and enter some word
  • click on ALT
  • and there you should be “Replicate” being greyed out

I see. In that case it’s not really a classification but a search for the destination. Data > Move To… might be an alternative which supports replicating too.

Anyway, the next release will support this.

2 Likes