Request: extension include/exclude list for indexed sync

The option to sync only metadata or the full file for indexed files is nice, but I’d like more control over that decision rather than a per sync store toggle.

Could you add two text fields; one for a comma-delimited list of file type extensions for which to sync indexed file contents, and another for a comma-delimited list of extensions for which to not sync indexed file contents (I.e. only sync metadata), and a pair of toggles to indicate that the file type indexed file content sync filter(s) should be applied.

Given the current location of the option (in the “i” button for each WebDAV sync store), I suppose a per sync store implementation would be best.

Thanks,

Tim

Thanks for the suggestion, we’ll consider this for future releases. In the meantime one workaround might be to use multiple sync stores & databases - some of them sync everything, some of them exclude indexed files.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’d thought of that too, but it seems weird to adopt a database organization scheme based solely on a wee little missing feature. Then when/if it’s added as a feature, I’d be confronted with reorganizing my databases and sync stores again (which may be a simple merge, I suppose, but still).

Thanks,

Tim

What happened to this idea since May 2018?

No change so far as it’s the only request.