Request for Format Change to EMail Notifications

Greetings to all:

I am a very new user of DTP, and new member of this forum, so I hesitate to make such a request. So I hope you will accept my suggestion with the intention it is made, to hopefully make an improvement in communications.

So while I am very new to his board, I have been using other boards for many, many years. Perhaps everyone else likes the email notifications as they are, but I find them hard to read, to get to the specific information I want in each notification:

• What is the specific TOPIC?
  • Who made the last reply
  • Which link do I use to view the latest reply

I think this is mostly due to all of the above information being embedded in one large paragraph, making it hard for the readers eye to find the specific information.

So, I hope you will find this suggestion helpful.
Here is one way of reformatting the email notification, including the From, Subject, and Body of the message. The changes to the From and Subject will make it much easier/faster to see who the email is from, and what the topic is.

Suggested Reformatting of EMail Notification

For easy reference, here is how the email notification currently appears:

Please note the forum software as changed all of the links to “view Topic” or “viewForum” links.

I hope you will find this suggestion useful, and, of course, it is just a suggestion. I’m sure you can improve on it. The notification of new Topics could also be formatted in a similar manner.

Thanks for your consideration of this request.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. We will consider updating the notifications or even more to a completely new forum in the foreseeable future (but not in the next few months).