Request: implement search functionality in DTTG

I enjoy using DTTG since adopting it on release, but I do miss being able to search a database or the global inbox as can be done in DTPO. I know you can search within a document. I found that in the documentation. It would be great if this functionality could be extended to searching a database, a group or the global inbox.

Thanks
A

That’s already possible, just navigate into the global inbox or database and pull the list down to reveal the search field.

Thanks Christian. Great to know DTTG has this search functionality.

I must say this is a bit bracing. As a launch adopter of DTTG 2 and 1, it is worrying to think that I was unaware of this basic functionality after years(?) of use - and continued to not find anything on it after searching this forum - most of the entries returned on search dated back years to version 1. I also checked the index of the current manual and only found references to searching within a document. (Perhaps if i read cover to cover I would have found more, but this search does not feature in the index).

I do wonder if a really good run-through tutorial on functionality would help Devon users and expand the user base. (I just downloaded Things 3 trial - the short intro animation and then the tutorial tasks were impressive). Sorry if I’m missing these resources if they already exist. I am making these suggestions as I’d really like to help grow the user base.

Best
A

Note: This is the same functionality used by Apple in Mail, Messages, etc.