Requesting extension for Brave Browser --AGAIN

Once again, requesting extension for DevonThink Pro for BRAVE browser.
Please?

Thanks for the suggestion, we’ll consider this for future releases. In the meantime you could try to use the Clip to DEVONthink bookmarklet instead (see devontechnologies.com/downl … nuals.html)

Unfortunately, unless i am completely braindead, i can not add the Bookmarklet to Brave’s toolbar.
sighs :unamused:

Brave doesn’t behave like other browsers, including not supporting drag and drop of a Bookmarklet to the Bookmarks bar. It also doesn’t copy link addresses as other browsers do.

Have you tried Opera, if you’re looking for a more secure, fewer ads, browser experience? I switched several months ago and only use Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc. when I need to deal with Support questions.

I am bumping / adding to this request.

BRAVE is far superior to Opera in many ways & it is my default browser, before Safari.

To clip to DevonThink Pro, I have to copy/paste the link from BRAVE to Safari, then use the Safari DevonThink extension.

Please re-consider supporting the BRAVE browser. It is a Chrome variant (I believe,) so it may not require much under-the-hood work to get it working.

1 Like

+1 for Brave. Using Chrome engine without Google evil behaviour makes Brave number one for developers IMHO

1 Like

Excellent news – BRAVE has migrated its browser engine from Firefox to Chrome.

If you go to the Chrome web store and search for Devonthink you can directly install the extension using the normal “Add to Chrome” button:

chrome.google.com/webstore/search/devonthink

I did this & tested, it seems to work fine in the latest version of BRAVE:
Version 0.58.18 Chromium: 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Seems like a win-win – DevonThink users get BRAVE support, but DevonThink developers don’t have to support another browser platform.

@rowanning: Thanks for the head-up. I have confirmed the change in Brave, and yes the extension works as expected.