Reveal In PathFinder

Hello,

I wanted to use PathFinder to “reveal” the indexed files in my DT database instead of the plain old finder… so I wrote this little script. Enjoy

tell application "DEVONthink Pro"
	activate
	try
		set these_selections to the selection
		if these_selections is {} then error "Please select some contents."
		repeat with this_selection in these_selections
			set src_path to the path of this_selection
			if src_path is not equal to "" then
				my RevealInPathFinder(src_path)
			end if
		end repeat
	end try
end tell

on RevealInPathFinder(the_Path)
	tell application "Path Finder"
		reveal the_Path
		activate
	end tell
end RevealInPathFinder

[quote=“toddgeist”]
Hello,

I wanted to use PathFinder to “reveal” the indexed files in my DT database instead of the plain old finder… so I wrote this little script. Enjoy

Thanks for your generosity TG. I am looking at DT to buy/use and I’ve also looked at Pathfinder, a highly regarded and elegant piece of software. My grasp of the raison d’etre of both is yet poor so I wondered if Pathfinder, which I gather is a better Finder, isn’t somewhat redundant with DT? Does DT not index whatever files one wishes and finds and opens then at will?

Homer

Nice script, thanks for sharing. I think the only advantage the original script has (for me) is that it selects the actual file (not just the folder). I import all my files into the dt database (even .doc) so when I want to print a doc file, I need to open the .doc in Word (so it looks like it is supposed to).

Just want to say thank you. Works fine and as I’m using PathFinder it really helps.

Kind regards,
Bernd

Maybe I am missing something but I don’t think this script is needed if you have ticked this option in Pathfinder preferences under “reveal”:

I have (and had) activated this option. This works in many applications, but it does not work for me in DTP 2.0.5 with PathFinder 5.7.1 (newest) on OS10.6.5.
If the Finder is running, DTP let’s the Finder - not PathFinder - show the file. If the Finder is not running, nothing happens.

Kind regards,
Bernd