Reveal moved item

Is there a way to reveal a moved item immediately (by shortcut key or menu option) after it has been moved to the new location?

If not, is there a script that could do that?

Yes, there is a possibility of doing this. However, it could quickly become cumbersome if the behavior wasn’t always desirable.

Here is a possibility noting it’s targeting a specific group that would regularly receive moved files…

Development would have to assess a request for the specific behavior to be baked in to the app.

1 Like

I’ll give it a try. Thank you, sir!

I use this brilliant script, most kindly provided to me by @pete31, to whom I remain grateful to this day (the original thread is here)

tell application id "DNtp"
	try
		set currDate to current date
		set theComparisonDate to currDate - 86400

set theDatabases to databases
		repeat with thisDatabase in theDatabases
			set thisDatabasesResults to search "additionDate >" & theComparisonDate in (root of thisDatabase)
			if thisDatabasesResults ≠ {} then
				repeat with i from (count thisDatabasesResults) to 1 by -1
					set theRecord to item i in thisDatabasesResults
					if type of theRecord is not in {group, smart group} and type of parent 1 of theRecord is not feed then
						set thisDatabasesLastAdded to theRecord
						exit repeat
					end if
				end repeat
				try
					if (addition date of thisDatabasesLastAdded) ≥ theComparisonDate then
						set theComparisonDate to (addition date of thisDatabasesLastAdded)
						set globalLastAdded to thisDatabasesLastAdded
					end if
				end try
			end if
		end repeat

if viewer window 1 exists then
			set theBounds to bounds of viewer window 1
			set newWindow to open window for record parent 1 of globalLastAdded
			set bounds of newWindow to {(item 1 of theBounds) + 22, (item 2 of theBounds) + 22, ((item 3 of theBounds)), (item 4 of theBounds)}
		else
			set newWindow to open window for record parent 1 of globalLastAdded
		end if

set selection of newWindow to {globalLastAdded}
		activate

on error error_message number error_number
		if the error_number is not -128 and error_number is not -2753 then
			display alert "DEVONthink 3" & space & error_number message error_message as warning
		end if
	end try
end tell

I have the script in the toolbar - and use it all the time. It actually doesn’t do quite what you are asking for: it will open a new window with the group into which the last record was added, with that record highlighted. Because it looks for the last addition, it will work for you if you move a record to a new database, but not if you move it within a database. I have integrated it into following workflow: new record in the global inbox; move that record to its permanent location using the AI classification; run the script; now I can see which naming convention I last used for this specific type of record; manually rename record. (This is my workflow for documents I only seldom receive; those which I receive several times per year are almost all completely automated.)

1 Like

Cool, this might work better.