Revisiting ways to import from Apple Mail

I use @BLUEFROG’s update to @cgrunenberg’s AppleScript to import selected mail messages to DEVONthink. The script is embedded in a super-simple Apple Shortcut. I’ve configured the Shortcut to “Pin in Menu Bar”, so just selecting messages and clicking the Shortcut brings up the Group Selector for choosing the destination for the .eml files. It’s free, painless, quick, has the same result as the old pre-Sonoma mail plugin, and the script has the Good DEVONechnologies Seal of Approval :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is no best solution and have you actually tried what I offered above?

1 Like

I think I am. I used the global script to add messages and attachments. I am trying to archive emails from Mail. So far it is running non stop for 3 days… I think there were 50,000 messages

I think I am using the correct script

Hold the Option key and choose Help > Report bug to start a support ticket.

Where do I find such script?
I can trigger the script via shortcut by using BetterThouch.

The Scripts menu extra can be enabled in the settings of the Script Editor.app, assuming that the scripts were installed via DEVONthink 3 > Install Add-ons…

Thank you very much. That is extremely quick and helpful. Much appreciated.

1 Like

I’ve posted this elsewhere, but it seems useful here, so at the risk of redundancy:

I use a really easy method to send an email into DT, but it may not be suitable for everyone:

Select the email, Command P (Print), look down at the bottom left, drop down the menu that says “PDF” (which would send it right to the printer), and click on “Save PDF to DEVONthink 3”. A DT3 menu opens up showing Inboxes for every open database, plus all folders in all open databases. File it where you want it. Done.

Obviously this only works if you want the email as a pdf; it isn’t suitable for those who want to reopen the email in Mail.

For that, it’s a relatively easy two-stop process. Drag the Mail onto your desktop, then drag it into the Sorter.

Note: Bluefrog and cgrunenberg. It would be nice if we could drag the mail directly into the Sorter, but it doesn’t work. Don’t know if that’s an Apple problem, or yours.

1 Like

You’re welcome. I’m glad it’s useful to you :slight_smile:

Works fantastic Bluefrog, it’s better getting back to ‘Normal’ :keyboard:

1 Like