RSS html document markdown conversion not editable

I’ve set up some RSS feeds in Devonthink where the feed format is automatic. Which in all cases are HTML documents. There are some specific sites where I want to extract the key list without going through the article so I thought I can set up a smart rule to convert the HTML documents to markdown, after which I can run a script to extract only the necessary information.

So I ran a step by step test to figure out a workflow. However, after I convert the RSS’ HTML document to markdown, the markdown file is not editable within Devonthink. It is however editable on text edit. The same behaviour exhibits when the HTML documents are converted to plain text or rich text. All of which are not editable in Devonthink.

Is there a way for me to run the script in Devonthink or do I have to run it externally?

Could you describe in more detail what you’re doing and may be post some screenshots? I just converted an HTML file to Markdown in DT and had no problem editing the latter afterwords. A screenshot of the inspector’s window for your MD file might also be helpful.

You could choose the Markdown format in the Info inspector for these feeds.

Items inside feeds are never editable, you have to move them to another group first.

Items inside feeds are never editable, you have to move them to another group first.

Got it. Moved them to inbox and it works. Just an extra work for the smart rule. Thanks!