Safari extension has disappeared

Running DEVONthink 3. My Safari extension is gone. How do I get it back?

I had this. Check in Safari preferences > extensions that the check box is ticked. I have had this happen in other places too. The check boxes become unticked in Catalina sometimes. If you have a problem and it wonā€™t take the ā€˜tickā€™ at all though. That happened to me and I had to restart in safe mode, check the box then restart normally and donā€™t touch it again. Donā€™t fiddle and try to toggle any extensions that are working either as they are likely to not turn on again. Apple support had no idea why this happens by the way. But that is their standard fix I understand.

thank you. that worked. I donā€™t like where it placed them on the toolbar, but there seems no way to control that. Strangely, when you go to ā€œCustomize Toolbarā€, it shows them where I want them (left of Address field), but they are actually positioned on either side of the Address field.

You canā€™t control the initial placement of the button in Safari (thatā€™s Safariā€™s control).
However, you can Command-drag the button to a different location on Safariā€™s toolbar.

1 Like

With Version 17.0 (18616.1.27.111.22, 18616) it appears and then disappears. So I am using Edge now. Please fix this.

This is a random issue of Safari for a long time, not one of the extension. Try rebooting the computer and/or reinstalling DEVONthink.

Canā€™t really reinstall. I am not sure this is a Safari issue because I have other extension Adblock which shows up on the toolbar without any issue. It would be great if I can get this working. Now this had made me switch my browser to Edge and install the Chrome extension. It works fine in Edge and Chrome. So my work flow works for now.

I also tried Safari Technology Preview and having the same issue.

If I have to stick with Safari, what I have found is that I need to untick and then tick which makes the extension appear for a while during which I can clip. Then after some time it disappears. For each clipping I have to go to Settings and toggle. Really a pain to keep using Safari. But I really like the browser.

Just download the application from our website and replace the installed application, the Safari extension on its own doesnā€™t reinstalling as itā€™s part of the application.

Ah! The latest version of DT 3 (3.9.3) works fine. Thank you.

Actually the extension is still the same but a reinstallation frequently fixes this Safari issue.

For those still having issues, I want to point out that the clipper tool is also useful. We can do web clipping from it which works the same way as clipping from extension.

1 Like