Save a Kindle clipping to Devonthink To Go

Amazing! :bulb: I have just found a way to save clippings from Kindle on the iPad to DTG, (in either Rich Text, Formatted Note, Markdown or Plain Text):
Highlight the passage you want to save.
Click on the “Share” button.
Click on "Clip to DEVONthink.
In the resulting window enter a title if you want to.
Click the next button >
Choose the format you want.
Click Done.

Hey presto your Kindle quotation is now in DTG!

In theory I suppose you could by doing this convert a whole Kindle book to any of the format options, but it would take a long time to do. :wink: But it does open up some wonderful possibilities especially if you then sync the clipping to your main Mac.

This is truly a game changer for me. Fantastic work guys. :smiley:

Also works direct from a Kindle!

How do you do it direct from a kindle?
Thanks,

Declan

OH! Thanks for this, a big help!

Click middle button of the square and Highlight the text you want
Click middle button
Select “share”
Click middle butto
Again select share
Clip to DevonThink etc.

Written this from memory, if it is not right let me know!

“Clip to DEVONthink” is not available on Kindle devices (readers or Fire). The bit about saving from the Kindle app on iOS I get, but you must be mis-remembering something when you say you can Clip to DEVONthink on a Kindle device.

Just checked and it works fine from my Kindle 2 to DT Pro Office, I don’t know about any other kindles or DEVONThink versions. I would be interested to know if it does as I was thinking of upgrading but this ability to clip is a massive feature for me.

I may have confused folk by using the term “clip” it is actually the Share buttons on the Kindle that you want. I attach a screen shot of the result in DTPO.

The confusion is the term “Clip to DEVONthink” – which is not available on Kindle devices. Sure, you can sent highlights and notes from Kindle to DEVONthink in various ways – from the device and from your personal Kindle page at Amazon – but readers should know that “Clip to DEVONthink” is not one of the available methods from a Kindle device.

You are absolutely right Korm, apologies for my sloppy use of terms :blush: