Scan transfer DEVONthink Pro Office 2.4 won`t work

Hi,

I`m using a Canon MX 885 printer/scanner (DEVONthink Office Pro 2.4). As soon I try to transfer a document from “scanner or camera” into the program, it will crash. I tried to reinstall the Canon drivers - the result will be the same - c r a s h !!!

Thanks for your support

Hi,

same with me and a Canon MP980. I’ve sent a crash report to Devonthink support yesterday night (GMT+2). Hopefully it will be fixed asap as it is a major part of my workflow with Devonthink.

Hans-Juergen Klein
Germany

Ditti and Han-Juergen, I had the same problem with a different scanner and posted about it. Then, after reading around on the Forum, I discovered that others are having the same problem, too. I was able to solve it for me with the software that came with my scanner. If you are interested, you can check my posting in the thread above this called “Scan and Crash - Looks like a bug” where I explain how I was able to solve it.

Good luck.

I do experience the same problems with my Epson WP-4535. The scanner works fine, but as soon as I try to send the scanned documents to DTPRO it crashes. That the application performs a kind of preview scan every time seems to be just a nuisance, albeit I have to wait 20 seconds or so until I can actually use it - in the long run this behaviour should change, for now, since DTPRO 2.4 is unusable anyway but luckily 2.3.5 works, it can wait.